PRE CARE INSTRUCTIONS
LASH EXTENSION SERVICES:
Please come in with makeup free eyes for optimal retention of the extensions that will be applied. Avoid wearing heavy mascara on the top natural lashes 48 hours before your appointment.
It’s imperative that your skin is in optimal condition prior to the procedure to reduce heavy bleeding or any skin sensitivity during the procedure. If the client is a heavy bleeder, this will affect the color retention or can dilute the pigment, leading to undesirable results.
- Avoid sun bathing at least 30 days prior and after the procedure.
- Avoid taking Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Ibuprofen, omega-3 48 hours prior to the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid working out the day of the procedure.
- Avoid coffee or any caffeinated beverages the day of the procedure.
- Avoid the following treatments 4 weeks prior to the procedure: Botox or other fillers, chemical peels and laser treatments.
POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
LASH EXTENSION POST-CARE:
Over a gradual period of 30-45 days, the extensions will shed as your natural lashes grow out while preserving the health of your natural lashes. Extensions add a glamorous flare to your daily life and are best maintained with two week fill in’s. As the natural lashes grow out, your extensions will be pushed from the lid gradually and may sometimes act unruly. Please gently lift and straighten with a mascara brush to keep them aligned. Please keep in mind that they will not always be “perfect” as they go through their natural growth process.
- Do not use oil-based eye makeup removers or eye creams or other products near or on the lash extensions.
- Do not sleep in your eye makeup which causes the makeup to clump overnight and results in pre-mature fallout.
- Use makeup wipes (MAC, Neutrogena) or a gentle lash shampoo to remove makeup, dirt and debris that naturally collect on the lashes/lid daily.
- Do not perm, tint or use an eyelash curler on the extensions.
- Do not pull, rub or roll the extensions with your fingers. General contact with your fingers and your eyes increases a chance of infection.
It is imperative that the post-care instructions are STRICTLY followed to avoid an infection and to maintain desirable results after the procedure. In the first 24 hours, gently dabbed with a cotton swab with filtered or bottled water, and pat dry with a clean towel. Do this every 3 hours in the first 24 hour period. After 24 hours, AVOID all water, lotion, soap, and make-up touching treated areas for 7 days after the procedure. After 7 days, you may begin applying a very thin layer of A&D ointment or Aquaphor with a clean Qtip once a day over the treated brows for 7 days.
During the first 14 days, avoid the following activities:
- Any activity that results in increased sweating
- Swimming pools & ocean
- Hot sauna, hot showers/baths, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning & tanning salons
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck
- Pick, peel, or scratch treated areas as this will cause premature scaring and the removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks or being in a area that has a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking Alcohol in excess, as it will slow down the healing process
- Driving in open air vehicle such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Avoid sleeping on your face
Wash your face carefully around the eyebrows without getting water touching the treated areas. Make sure to keep brows dry when showering or baths. Do not take hot showers and limit your showers to 5 minutes.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact us immediately to discuss further instructions.
Contact a Physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness, swelling tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor.